Acquisition and Divestment of Business
We advise on all your needs to sell your business whether by sale of the business assets or sale of the shares in your company. The process of selling can be a stressful and demanding time for the principals of the business, and we ensure that the complicated process is made as smooth as possible. We can also assist you in finding capital investors to your company or business. We have acted for very large companies and small business. Our deep experience in sale and investment transactions will ensure you receive the best advice on how to:
- structure the sale;
- prepare your business for sale;
- ensure you have the right advisory team assisting you;
- optimise the tax efficiencies for the sale;
- ensure the process achieves the optimal consideration for the business;
- negotiate the sale to ensure your interests are properly protected;
- ensure the sale process is completed efficiently and expediently.
We advise on all aspects of the purchase decision whether you are acquiring a large national business or a local business. We ensure that the purchasing process is well managed and effective and the commercial goals are achieved. The tasks involved when acquiring a company or business include:
- establishing the purchasing structure and entity;
- arranging the debt or equity funding for the purchase;
- undertaking the legal due diligence to assess the value and risks of the business and assets;
- negotiate and finalise the sale documentation;
- complete the transfer of assets and/or shares;
- arrange finance insurance and taxation advice.